Monday, March 3, 2014

Out of commission for a while

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
Well, with the changing of Summer into Fall, and the end of boating season, I usually resume my woodworking projects. I was getting geared up to FINALLY build some cabinets/storage under my workbench. I have the idea in my head and was thinking I would start on it this weekend. Well, Im going to have to put that on the back burner for a few weeks at least; I was playing some basketball on Tuesday night and blew out my knee. The initial diagnosis is a torn acl and cartilage; MRI will tell the full extent of the damage, but it is looking like acl replacement surgery in the next couple of weeks. Im a pretty active, and independent, person so being laid up in a full leg brace and crutches is killing me!

On another woodworking note, I was able to do some "new to me" woodworking recently; pen turning. This is one of the coolest things ever...I love it! I got a flier in the mail from Penn State Industries about their starter kit and figured "why not give it a try". So I ordered this kit: http://www.pennstateind.com/store/PK073SPECX.html
It arrived a few days later and is chock full of great stuff. I have only turned two pens, but I think they came out great. I will try and get some pictures up in the next couple of days. My wife took one of the, which is actually my favorite one, so when she gets back Im going to snap a couple pictures and get them up. I will probably write a bit of a review about the kit as well so stay tuned for that.

So, even with the busted up knee, Im hoping that I can still turn some pens and pencils, maybe get started on some Christmas presents this way. Happy woodworking and STAY SAFE!!

TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment