Monday, February 10, 2014

My PBB fence

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
A while back, I bought a Biesemeyer fence for my PBB and added an extension that allows me to cut from 0" to 61.5" using the fence.

This is the fence with out the extension.


Here is the extension. It mounts over the fence and is squeezed to the fence with the four knobs and stove bolts. I know, that is over-kill, I could have easily just used two.


There are two scales on the fence rail, the yellow with the right hairline for when the extension is not mounted, and the white one with the left hairline for when the extension is used.


Here you can see that the extension is notched to only reveal the white scale, a reminder to use it when the extension is mounted. I need to mount something to block the right hairline when the extension is used so that I dont forget and try to use it.


When the fence is set to 0", the extension is flush with the cut edge of the EAC-1. This is accomplished by setting the fence to 0" and trimming the extension with the circular saw on the rail.


Here you can see part of the blade depth setting jig that I use when the extension is mounted. I need to move it to the edge of the PBB, so I can use it when the extension is not used.


When I have to remove the rail or the entire bridge, this is how I assure that the rail is reinstalled in the same location and parallel to the fence. I lock down the fence with the extension butted against the rail and leave it there until the rail is reinstalled. If I have to remove the fence too, I reinstall the fence to the same distance before reinstalling the rail.


This is the fence at its maximum. I can cut 61.5" without the extension and 47.875" with it.


Here trhe fence is set to the minimum distance without the extension, 14". Of course with the extension I can go down to 0".


If you have any questions, either ask here in a comment, at one of the EurekaZone forums in my favorites section.

TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment